Seen Someone You Like? Download The Android / iPhone App & Click!
ClickFriends Staying Safe Advice
ClickFriends – Stay Safe
ClickFriends is a friend finder app where users can connect with other users nearby, you can then have a chat, exchange contact details and meet up if you want.
While we encourage people to interact with other users, we also ask that users take precaution when chatting or meeting someone in person. Here are some tips to stay safe while chatting with a clickfriends user and meeting a clickfriends user for the first time.
Staying Safe While Chatting With a Clickfriends User
- Do not share your social profiles, email address or phone numbers, unless really necessary or you trust the other person.
- Remember clickfriends discloses your physical location to other users even if you’re using the app in your home, so only go live when you are happy to do so.
- Remember to press hide or logout after you are finished using the app in order to prevent your current location from being shown to other users!
- Be vigilant and watch out for red flags. For example people spamming you or making offers too good to be true.
- Move slow. Do not rush to tell them everything about yourself.
- Ask questions and find as much information about the person as you can.
- Before meeting up you can try to ask for their social media account and find out whether the person is genuine or not.
- Be aware it may be possible that the user is using a fake photo. As we do not do id checks on users you could try doing a video chat before meeting up in person.
- Want to keep a conversation from being read by someone by mistake, you have the option to delete the entire conversation from all devices
Staying Safe While Meeting a ClickFriends User:
- When you decide to meet, make sure to do your research on them.
- Check his social media profiles and see if the person is trustworthy.
- Never meet in private, always meet him/her in public places like parks, restaurants, etc. Choose a neutral venue for the meeting.
- When you are going to meet the person, always inform your friends or family where you are going.
- Carry a mobile phone and some spare cash.
- When the person orders you a drink, choose the beverage wisely. If you are taking alcoholic drinks, limit the number of drinks.
- If you have to go to the bathroom, empty the glass. Do not leave your drink unattended if possible to simply prevent drink drugging.
- Do not leave your phone or wallet unattended.
- Observe personal space and respect the feelings of others.
- Use your first meeting to build trust and get to know about the other person. Remember if you get along you can always arrange another drink.
- Have an exit strategy in case the meeting does not go the way you want. But try not to offend people.
- Try not to meet up too late at night and if you do make sure you have transport home arranged.
- If you are going to be driving home make sure you do not drink over the legal limit in your country.
- If the location you are meeting at is still under covid-19 restrictions then please observe the rules set by the relevant authoritative body.
- If you meet a clickfriends user and find him/her to be different (age, gender) than his/her clickfriends profile, we encourage you to report the user.
- You can report the profiles if the profile image is inappropriate or offensive.
- You can report the profiles if the user begins to use abusive or vulgar language.
- You can block a user if he/she begins to spam with requests. The block feature will stop them from seeing your profile or sending messages.
- In extreme cases such as if you suffer physical harm or loss be sure to also report the person to local law enforcement agencies.
We do not perform checks on all users and so it is your responsibility to ensure you follow the advice above and stay safe. We do verify email addresses for paid members.